Here’s a smoothie that tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass! It’s creamy and smooth and much healthier than a slice of pie.
Pumpkin smoothie makes a great start to the day, high in protein, rich in fibre and loaded with antioxidants. The pumpkin adds not just sweetness but a high dose of beta-carotene which our bodies convert to Vitamin A, helping to fight free radical damage.
It’s perfect for Halloween but just as good all year round.
Serving size 1 large glass
- ¾ cup cooked pumpkin
- 3 pecan nuts
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rolled oats, toasted
- 1 cup almond mylk (or other non-dairy mylk)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ground nutmeg (to taste)
- 5 ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Top with your favourite toppings such as chopped walnuts, toasted oats or a sprinkle of cinnamon, whipped cream or yogurt.