Eggnog is always a hit around the holidays and there are many ways to make it. The traditional eggnog recipe that we all think of is essentially just a spiced custard spiked with rum.
This holiday season, I say let's skip the eggs and dairy and go for a healthier, dairy-free, vegan alternative!
This recipe used chia seeds and some coconut yogurt to thicken the Mylk to custard like consistency which is surprisingly decedent.
This recipe can be served both hot or cold. To serve hot, simply heat up the mixture before serving!
- 2 Cups of Nutty Bruce Organic Milk Almond & Coconut
- 1 Clove
- 1 Cinnamon quill (lightly crushed)
- 1 Cardamom pod
- Zest of 1/2 an Orange
- Ground nutmeg (to taste)
- 1/2 star anise
- 5 Tblsp maple syrup
- 4 Tsp white chia seeds
- 2 Tblsp COYO Vanilla Bean
- 1 Tsp Coconut & Vanilla Bean Plant Protein (or maca powder)
- 6 Tblsp Jamaican Rum (optional)
- Mix the chia seeds with some of the Mylk and set aside in the fridge.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except the rum and coconut yogurt. Set aside in the fridge overnight to infuse the Mylk with the aromatics.
- After infusing, strain the infused Mylk.
- Add the chia seeds, coconut yogurt and infused Mylk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the Jamaican Rum (optional) at the end to taste.
- Served iced or warmed depending on your preference. Garnish with some ground cinnamon.