Blueberries are nature's ultimate brain boosting superfood. So what's better than blueberries on their own? Blueberry Chia Pudding of course!
Blueberries have a beneficial effect on the brain! They can help to keep your memory sharp, aid brain function and delay mental decline. Studies have shown that eating blueberries on a daily basis can slow motor coordination impairment, memory loss and reduce stress.
Start your day with this delicious chia pudding full of blueberry brain goodness.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond mylk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- a few raspberries, goji berries, cacao nibs, mint (optional to garnish)
- Put the chia seeds, almond mylk, vanilla and maple syrup or honey into a bowl and stir until well combined and free of lumps.
- Cover and store in the fridge for a few hours.
- Put half the chia seed mixture into a blender with 1/2 of the blueberries and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Put into a glass jar or glass then layer over the remaining unblended chia seed mixture.
- Top with the remaining blueberries, garnish as suggested.