Superfood bites of pure natural energy, these fruit balls are packed natural goodness like organic cacao, dates, apricot and poppy seeds. They’re a natural energy pick-me-up that’s honest and real. Deliciously good for you and easy to graze while on-the-go, these snack balls not only taste great but are super simple and quick to prepare.
Makes 8-10 balls
- 150g (1 cup) pitted organic dry dates
- 80g (½ cup) organic raisins
- 40g (1⁄4 cup) organic dry apricots
- 40g (1⁄4 cup) organic cashew nuts
- 15g (1 Tblsp) chia seeds (white, black or mixed)
- 90g (6 Tblsp) organic raw cacao powder
- 20ml (1 ½ Tblsp) coconut oil
- Handfull of poppy seeds (for rolling)
- Finely dice the dry apricots into small chuncks.
- Add all other ingredients (except poppy seeds) and process until smooth (approx. 3-4 minutes).
- Add the diced apricots and combine well.
- Put into fridge for 10 minutes to cool, then shape into balls, using approx. 1 tablespoon for each ball. Try lathering your hands with coconut oil to prevent the mix from sticking to your hands.
- Roll each ball in the poppy seeds.
- Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.