This deliciously healthy treat is the perfect high protein, low-carb desert option. Made into a thick pudding like consistency, this tried and tested recipe has the perfect ratio of chia to mylk. Serve cold in your favourite mason jar or glass and it definitely won't disappoint!
Makes 1 large or 2 small puddings.
For the pudding:
- 5 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond or cashew milk
- 1 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut blossom sugar
For The Chunky Berry Purée:
- 1 Handfull of mixed berries
- A squeeze of lemon juice
For The Topping:
- 1 tbsp. lightly toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp of Nourishing Berries
This recipe is relatively low in sugar, drawing natural sweetness from the berries. If you prefer yours sweeter, try adding a tablespoon of organic unrefined honey.
- Pour one half of the coconut milk into a bowl with the cacao powder and coconut sugar.
- Mix thoroughly using a whisk until all the ingredients are combined well.
- Place in the microwave for 15 seconds to allow the sugar to completely dissolve.
- Leave aside to cool, then add half the chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining chia seeds with the remaining coconut milk.
- Leave both chia mixes in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to allow the chia seed to expand, soften and absorb the liquid to form a pudding-like consistency.
- Using a fork, lightly squash the berries on a chopping board until they form a chunky purée (the same way you'd smash an avocado). Squeeze over a bit lemon juice to stop it oxidising, transfer to a bowl and store in the fridge.
- In a glass or jar of your choice, add the chia puddings, then the chunky berry purée.
- Top with the coconut flakes, Nourishing Berries and a few fresh berries.
- Serve cold.