A healthy Halloween snack that you can indulge in all year round, these choc-coated pumpkin energy balls not only give you an energy boost but they’re loaded with nutrients and antioxidants from the carotenoid family which help curb free radical damage.
The addition of pumpkin also makes these energy balls high in potassium which can help reduce muscle cramping, especially after exercise. We’ve used our Aztec Gut Health and dark chocolate to provide even more of a boost so what are you waiting for, give these a try.
- 1/3 cup cooked pumpkin (roast, steam or boil)
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Aztec Gut Health
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- pinch salt
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 80g Dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl then pour onto dry ingredients, mixing well until the mixture forms a dough. Cover and place in the fridge for an hour to firm up and cool.
- Remove from the fridge and roll into balls. Place in the freezer while you make the chocolate coating.
- For the chocolate coating, melt the chocolate and coconut oil, stir gently.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate mixture and place on a tray, lined with baking paper.
- Place in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes until they harden. Store in the freezer and serve chilled.