A great energy boosting healthy snack, these energy balls will help you re-fuel fast! Not only high energy, they're also vegan, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and processed sugar free!
- 150 g (1 cup) pitted dates
- 80g (½ cup) raisins
- 75 g (1 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 15g (1 Tbsp.) white chia seeds
- 20ml (1 ½ Tbsp.) coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Extra desiccated or shredded coconut, for rolling
- Put dates into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain dates and put into food processor.
- Add all other ingredients (except extra coconut) and process until smooth (approx. 3-4 minutes).
- Put into fridge for 10 minutes to cool, then shape into balls, using approx. 1 tablespoon for each.
- Roll each ball in extra coconut and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- Stores well in the freezer!
|Fat - Total||7.5g|
|Fat - Saturated||1.75g|
|Carbohydrates - Total||34.5g|
|Carbohydrates - Sugars||9.16g|